Tuesday 5 April 2016

Editing the digi-pack/poster - rain effect

One of the main features that I added to the final draft of my digi-pack and advertisement poster was the rain effect on the front cover. This was all done using features in photoshop by using lots of different techniques to create the illusion that there is rain on the image.

The first thing I did was duplicate the background layer to create a backup of the original image. I then created a blank layer on top of these because this is where the rain effect would be added. I then filled this blank layer completely black by using the paint bucket tool. After this, I added a noise layer to the black layer and adjusted it to 150%. After this I then added the Gaussian Blur filter to the noise to create a bit of blurring that would make it seem like actual rain and it only needed a slight amount so I made the radius 0.5. I then used the levels tool to reduce the amount of noise and increase its contrast so that the rain would be more separated and not dotted around so much that you cannot see the original image. I then used some motion blur to adjust the noise to look like rain by blurring at an angle of 60 degrees and made the pixels distance about 50. After this was done I just needed to re-do the black and white sliders in the filters tool and thats how I created the rain effect.


Here are the images of before and after these effects were applied:





No comments:

Post a Comment