Monday 19 October 2015

Self evaluation on work so far

We are now over 2 months into the course and so it is time to reflect on the work that I have done so far. Firstly, I would like to say that I have not worked to my full ability during the course and so has lead to me being behind in most of the coursework. I have done very minimal work in terms of planning my music video and so this has set back the time for which I can start shooting my music video. I have a vague idea of what I want to do and have created most of my storyboard which has yet to be posted on this blog. I initially created a mood board in the planning phase which helped me set goals for what I wanted to include in my video. This however has taken a downward spiral as I have now discovered that I do not really want to portray the ideas that were presented in my mood board. Furthermore, the research which is the first stage of the coursework is still yet to be fully completed. To start with I have done most of the analysis of Digi-packs and print-based album advertisements however I have not concluded what i have learnt from this nor have I analysed not nearly enough music videos. I know that this is very bad because it is a crucial part of the research process because when i have my video created i have nothing tops ay about how I used my research to portray my video. I have some posts based of secondary research such as the history of music video and also I have collected my primary research by doing a survey with multiple responses. I still need to post about how this research has helped me decide what my project will be and so this still needs to be completed. I still need to watch some more of previous student work to get a better judgement of what makes a good music video and how to get a good grade and what not to do as well. It's vital that I complete all of the research as soon as possible so that I an move onto getting the planning done and planning my shoot. For my planning I still need to create an animatic however I will need to complete my story board completely before this gets the go ahead. In terms of a script for the music video I am currently in the process of writing the lyrics for the song, which will include an overall story arc. I also need to do some more location scouting and prepare the props that will be required. I have also completed my mock up of a Digi-pack and so will need to blog this as soon as possible. I also need to post my verbal feed back that has been given to me by my teachers for example what they have said about when I need to have my scoreboard completed. Overall my time management has been terrible so far. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment