Monday 26 October 2015

Conclusion for Digi-Pack research

I have now finished all of my research into Digi-packs and so I will summerise here what I have learnt.

The typography used for all of the Digi-Packs is used very effectively as this is a key part of how the audience will view the product as a whole. The text is usually enlarged to some extent and is very dominant within the whole picture and so I will want to make sure that mine is large and relates well to the project as well so that I meet the codes and conventions of real media products. In addition to this, the colour scheme on each of the Digi-Packs that i have looked at are always designed to go well with the genre of music that it is in. I believe this has been done to familiarise the audience with what they are going to expect and so I will want to ensure that the colours that I choose to use on my Digi-Pack also correspond to the genre of music that is used within my music video so that I have combined both my ancillary and video texts to create a good solid overall product.

In addition to this, many of the Digi-Packs that I looked at also include large images within the framing of the Digi-Pack. I think that this gives a great effect on the overall text as it really grabs the audiences attention and intrigues people not listening to the album. This image usually creates the main tone of what the album represents and so I will need to make sure that when I am creating imagery for my Digi-Pack that I also represent the style of music that is themed around the text including the music video. Also, the spacing of the track lists are always clear and concise on the back of the Digi-pack. I will need to remember this for when I am creating my Digi-Packs as it will be crucial that it looks clear and concise so that the audience can understand the concept and themes that I am going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment