Wednesday 28 October 2015

Conclusion for research on Music Videos

From my research on Music videos I have learnt a lot of information on how to create an interesting video. When I was doing my research I ddi not have my idea on what I wanted to do fully developed and so I researched a wide range of music video genres and style to help me get a better understanding and concept of what I want to do. All the videos that I researched all in some shape or form related to the music and connected with the music on a certain level. I therefore will need to think how I can incorporate certain music into my video so that it works well and connects with what the audience is expecting from that kind of video. Furthermore, this connection with the music seems to be mostly done by using the Mise en Scene to your benefit. For example Michael Jacksons 'Billie Jean' does this brilliantly by creating a dark street corner to go with the dark beats and mysterious lyrics, all to create a brilliant video. In addition to this, a lot of music videos do almost turn into a short film with how they try to tell a short story. I like this idea that a story cane made through the use of images and music alone and so I may integrate this idea into my own music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment