Thursday 18 February 2016

Main inspiration

My main inspiration for deciding to create a music video based around the elctonica/synth wave genre is the work of musician 'Kavinsky' and the film 'Drive'.  Kavinsky is an artist who is in the centre of the synth-wave frenzy and has created songs that really motivate me to create something similar.



The video is a music video for the synth-wave song 'Odd Look' by Kavinsky. It demonstrates a lot of the style that I would like to incorporate into my own music video. This includes the music itself as I find the whole theme of someone driving around with this kind of music playing very interesting. The idea of it also taking place at night also fits in well with what I would like to do as I think it plays in well with the music genre itself.


Above is the trailer for the film 'Drive' directed by Nicholas Winding Refn which also serves as a huge inspiration for what I would like to do in my music video. The main aspects that have inspired me about the film is the soundtrack which contains a lot of synth-wave aspects and so fits in with this theme especially with again the idea of someone driving to this music. All these inspirations are why Ia m deciding to go along with this idea that I have and so will use these inspirations to help create my own unique product.

No comments:

Post a Comment